Using HSA and Flex Spending in Counseling

HSAs and FSAs cover different types of counseling, including marriage counseling and drug-dependence counseling, which makes therapy accessible to a wide range of clients. Often times you may use your HSA or FSA  to see a licensed counselor of your own choosing regardless of the counselor is in or out of network with the insurance company.  Of course, when choosing a healthcare plan, HAS or FSA it is important to know your options, if you are unsure you can contact the administrator of your Health Savings or Flexible Spending Account to ask them if “counseling is an approved expense under my plan?”  If you are interested in learning more please contact our office in Paducah at 270-777-4490 or Owensboro at 270-215-4000.

Katie Englert